Summer mushroom & chickpea burgers
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* 250g chestnut mushrooms, finely chopped
* 2 garlic cloves, crushed
* 1 bunch spring onions, sliced
* 1 tbsp medium curry powder
* Zest and juice of ½ lemon
* 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
* 85g fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
* 6 tbsp low fat Greek yogurt
* Pinch of ground cumin
* 2 ciabatta rolls, toasted and halved with a light drizzle of olive oil
* 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
* Handful of rocket leaves
To prepare the mushroom mix:
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook the mushroom, garlic and spring onion for 5 mins.
- Mix in the curry powder, lemon zest and juice and cook for 2 mins or until mixture looks quite dry. Tip out onto a plate to cool slightly.
- Use a potato masher or fork to mash the chickpeas in a bowl, leaving a few chunky pieces.
- Add the mushroom mix and the crumbs, and then shape into 4 patties.
- Fry in the remaining oil for 3-4 mins on each side until crisp and browned. Finish off on the barbecue coals if you like.
- Mix the yogurt with the cumin.
- Place half a muffin on each plate, and then spread with the yogurt.
- Top with the burgers, a few slices of plum tomato and a little rocket.