For a quick and easy brunch try this tasty toasted bagel served with mascarpone cheese, light scrambled egg and topped with a slice of smoked salmon
- Serves: 2
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 5 mins
- Total time: 15 mins
- Skill level:
- Child friendly
You can use cream cheese, crème fraîche or cream instead of the mascarpone
- 2 bagels, cut in half horizontally
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tbsp mascarpone cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp chopped fresh chives
- 4 slices smoked salmon
- Toast the bagels until they are a pale golden colour.
- Meanwhile, pour the eggs into a non-stick pan. Add the mascarpone and seasoning. Heat gently, stirring, until softly set.
- Stir in the chives. Spoon scrambled eggs on each bagel half and top with a twist of smoked salmon. Grind black pepper over the top.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.