Roasted Vegetable Lasagne
A deliciously tasty dish, you won’t believe it’s only 350 calories a serving!
- 1 Medium Aubergine
- 2 Courgettes
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 400g Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Medium Yellow Pepper
- 1 Medium Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1½ Tbsp Olive Oil
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 25g Sauce Flour
- 500ml Skimmed Milk
- 30g Parmesan Cheese
- 9 Sheets Lasagne Verdi
- 60g Mozzarella
- Wash, top and tail the aubergine and courgettes. Cut into 2cm (3/4″) cubes. Pop in a colander, and sprinkle with salt; shaking well to coat all the vegetables. Set aside.
- Using the point of a sharp knife carefully prick each tomato, to just break the skin.
- Pour boiling water into a glass bowl and, using a spoon, add 5-6 tomatoes. Once the skins split, remove them from the water; leave to cool for a few seconds; then peel the skins off and pop the skinned tomatoes in the roasting tray. Repeat until all tomatoes skinned. (Don’t be tempted to add them all at once!)
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C
- Quarter and seed the pepper; peel and halve the onion – cut them both into 2cm (3/4″) cubes and add to the roasting tray.
- Tip the aubergine and courgettes onto a bed of paper towel and, using more paper towel, dap the excess moisture away. Add them to the roasting tray.
- Sprinkle the crushed garlic and freshly ground black pepper over the vegetables. Drizzle the oil over the top, and pop in the oven for 40 minutes (until the edges are charred brown)
- Meanwhile, mix the sauce flour with the milk. Heat in a saucepan over a medium heat, stirring continuously, until the the sauce begins to bubble and thicken. Reduce the heat to a simmer, continue stirring for a further 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the grated Parmesan (reserving a little for the top)
- Once the vegetables are roasted assemble the layers of lasagne in an oven proof dish:
- 1/4 Sauce
- 1/3 Roasted Vegetables
- 1/3 Mozzarella
- 3 Sheets Lasagne
- Repeat the layers twice more and top with the remaining 1/4 sauce, and the reserved Parmesan.
- Return to the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with a green leafy salad
|Suitable for Home Freezing||This dish freezes extremely well. Make up four individual portions in foil trays and freeze prior to cooking. Defrost overnight in refrigerator, and cook for 25-30 minutes at 190°C.|
- Teaspoon, tablespoon, spoon with holes
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Glass bowl
- Measuring jug
- Roasting tray
- Ovenproof baking dish 25cm x 25cm (approx. 9″ x 9″)