A tasty winter warming recipe that will keep you healthy over the winter.
One serving contains 0.8g of your daily requirement of 1.5-2.4g of plant stanols
- – 50g Benecol® Olive Spread
- – 400g extra trimmed lean lamb leg steaks
- – 300g leeks, sliced thinly
- – 200g carrots, thickly sliced
- – 40g split red lentils
- – 400g potatoes, sliced thinly
- – 300g sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
- – 2 sprigs each thyme and rosemary
- – 500ml hot beef or chicken stock – chicken stock cubes used
- – steamed broccoli and peas to serve
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 3/170ºC/fan oven 150ºC. Melt the Benecol® Olive Spread in a large frying pan and heat until hot. Add the leg steaks and cook for 2-3 minutes turning regularly until brown all over. Set aside.
- Reserve about half the sliced potatoes to make a neat layer on the top and layer the rest with the leeks, carrots, lentils, sweet potatoes and herbs in a large lidded casserole dish, seasoning as you go with black pepper. Top with the meat and the reserved potato slices. Pour over the stock and any melted olive spread from the meat pan, cover and place in the oven for 2 hours.
- Remove the lid from the casserole and increase the oven temperature to Gas Mark 6/200ºC/fan oven 180ºC and cook for 30 minutes to brown the top. Serve with the green vegetables.
- To get ahead, you could cook the hot pot to end of step 2, the day before. Leave to cool, put in the fridge and the next day complete step 3 increasing cooking time to approx. 40 minutes until golden and piping hot.
- Freezeable. (please refer to manufacturers hand book)